Old February 25th 05, 06:10 AM
Jack May

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

> Nice try, but were talking about urban areas. Boston - home of the Big
> Dig - has been urbanized since the 1700s. It had to be torn apart and
> rebuilt when we shifted from horses to automobiles. If we can afford
> The Big Dig, we can afford to dig a few smaller tunnels for subway
> trains.

Scott the transit nutcase with his usual lies.

Subways are far more expensive than roads and won't attract enough users in
most places to have any affect on traffic.

Transit can't be made to work with any reasonable size metropolitan area
except for a very tiny number of people at least two orders of magnitude
more money per person on average not just some extreme screw up like the big
dig

He is so stupid he can't even figure out that you can't go back to the past
without killing off a large part of the population and becoming a third
world country to meet the conditions of the past.

He just wants is toy chu-chu trains to play with at expense of the tax
payers not matter how much he society or how many people have to die for him
to get his wish.