Old July 13th 05, 11:44 AM
Kuebel Guy

Default Engine rebuilding

Hi all!

Finally decided to totally rehaul my stock 1600. Reasons? 76km, oil
leaking and poor compression in 3 cilinders....

I have it all in pieces on my table, and now cleaning everything and
measuring, looking for cracks, scratches, etc....discovered a broken
camshaft bearing, will replace all.

Got a new crankshaft, conrods, pistons/cilinders. And I am evaluating
wether to keep the old crankshaft/conrods. The old crankshaft/conrods
set looks in good shape, I am measuring journal diameter and roundness,
conrod play, and conrod/shaft clearance.

If I install new, I've read that is not easy to install new conrod
bushings and that professional machining will be needed. Is that true?

If I remove old conrods, I will need to replace the old nuts?

thanks for any hint, I will be busy this summer...

cheers!

carles