Old March 15th 05, 02:33 AM
Denny B

You are correct house painters do use
airless sprayers.
You can NEVER use an airless sprayer to
spray a car. 20 years ago I used an airless
sprayer to spray my car. After spraying the car
I then spent 3 days with an electric sander, sanding
the mess off and started over. A airless sprayer
cannot atomize paint to spray a car or fine furniture.
An airless sprayer is for rough work. Spraying paint
on walls inside a house is rough work. You can put
paint on walls with a paint roller. You can't paint a car
with a roller. You can't finish fine furniture with a roller.

If you have space for it an air compressor is one of the
most useful tools you can own.

Denny B

"« Paul »" <" > wrote in message
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> "« Paul »" <" > wrote in message
> > Frank wrote:
> > >

> > For anything much thicker than water I would use an airless
> > electric sprayer.

> I painted my fathers house once with an airless sprayer. (oil based
> stain, actually) Never again. By the time I was done my arm was
> about ready to fall off. A half gallon of paint or stain weighs a

ton
> when you have been holding it up for a while. The only way to
> really paint is with a paint pot and an air compressor.
>
> Ted

Yes. That would not be easy.
Actually, I was thinking more like a small Wagner airless for $200.
It sits on the ground and a hose runs to the spray head.
Nearly all of the house painters that I have observed where I live
use some type of airless sprayer. Few use air anymore, probably
because of the overspray getting on cars, & furniture, etc.