Old November 11th 04, 06:42 PM
Narley DudeŽ

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:04:54 -0500, Speedy Jim > wrote:

>Narley DudeŽ wrote:
>> It has come to that time for me to replace rear wheel bearing and such
>> while I'm at it, in which I need to bring up this question of "what"
>> to look for:
>>
>> I have a 72 SB convertible. If you look at the rear wheels instead of
>> being nice and vertically straight or slightly inwards... mine are
>> leaning outwards. Not a "slightly"...more like a step or two beyond.
>> (if that makes any sense)
>> What is doing this? How do I adjust/fix it?
>> Trailing arms messed up.... maybe?
>> Any suggestions are welcome.
>>

>> Narley DudeŽ

>Old IRS Beetles with many miles show this. If there's no
>sign of severe accident damage, then the spring plate/torsion bars
>have to be reset.
>
>On the bearings, see the how-to article in the Mech section
>of my web site.
>
>Speedy Jim
>http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Thanks Jim.
That was the direction I was thinking. Do you have an article that
shows reference to rear spring plate/torsion bars. I'm getting an
occasional "clunk clunk clunk" when making a sharp turn but goes away
in few seconds when driving straight. I'm sure it has to do also with
your diagnosis.

Narley DudeŽ