Old May 5th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default VAG-COM required? Flushing the brake fluid-ABS MARK 60

I found this note as part of the procedure in my Bentley manual-CD

"AFTER BLEEDING THE SYSTEM, PERFORM A ZERO COMPENSATION OF THE BRAKE
PRESSURE SENDER -1--G201"

implying that the Scan tool is required in order to perform this
operation after using a pressure bleeder to bleed/flush the brake fluid
in my 2003 Jetta TDI 5-speed.

I searched net but I could not find any reference to other people using
VAG-COM or the volkswagen tool after bleeing their brakes.

Does anyone have more information about what this does or why it is
required? I assume I cannot do this with my shareware version of
VAG-COM. Kind of a bummer - this job is easier on my slightly older VWs.