Old July 18th 05, 06:28 AM
Seth Graham

Default transmission filling

What's the secret to transferring fluid from the bottle to the transmission
without turning myself into an environmental hazard? Muir says to have the
local garage do it, Bentley says to have the dealer do it. They wisely
suggest to only drain the transmission "if you are properly equipped to
refill it", but neglect to suggest what the proper equipment may be.

It's a bit late now but it'd be nice to know for future reference.

I managed to top off by sticking some hose to the bottle and cramming myself
under the car, trying to find room under there to get the bottle above the
fill hole so I could squeeze fluid out, but about midway through the hose
popped off and did a hell of a number to my shirt. There's gotta be an easier
way. :P