Old January 5th 05, 03:01 AM
Paul

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...

IMHO anyone that is "driving 5 to 10 mph under the speed limit in the
fast lane" and "who freak out when they are passed" are driving
aggressively themselves. Passive-aggressively, perhaps, but
aggressively nonetheless. They disregard the common (well...) driving
convention of KRETP and disrupt smooth traffic flow in the interest of
their own agenda or convenience. Isn't that the kind of behavior
aggressive driving laws are supposed to curb?

That's what they tell you when they want to get the law passed with
something that resembles public approval.

Personally I think the wording "a word from the aggressive drivers of
Tucson" indicates that this columnist is part of the problem, not part
of the solution. You can't pick and choose which "aggressive" drivers
to target, and nowhere did the writer indicate that he ever drove in an
aggressive manner. Totally unwarranted.

The term "aggressive driver," is so subjective, that probablly everyone
in the country could be defined as aggressive by someone. I'm just
waiting for it to hapen to judy so that a true menace on the highways
can be removed...