Old September 11th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

Default 1990 wrangler 4 wheel drive vacuum line?

To fix the stalling, there is a black plastic line that goes from the
driver's side of the engine down to the vac switch on the driver's side
of the transfer case. Find the line and plug it, that should get your
engine running correctly. If not, keep working on the vac lines.

To check out the vac operated axle disconnect, hook up the vac line to
the transfer case switch. With the engine running, CAREFULLY pull the
connector to the front axle off the vac motor. The green line should
have a slight vac with the transfer case in 2wd, the yellow line should
have vac in 4wd. If it doesn't switch back and forth, replace the vac
switch on the transfer case, $25 from the dealer. If no vac on either,
you have a bad vac line somewhere.

Your symptoms sound like a cracked vac line or trashed rubber connector
for the line to the switch or vac motor. Pretty common for that vintage
Jeep.