Old April 4th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default A New Entry for the Sloth Glossary: The -5 Sloth

"Old Wolf" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Larry Bud wrote:
>> Old Wolf wrote:

>> > They think they are doing the SL, but their speedo reads high.
>> > (I have observed many Japanese cars come from the factory
>> > with high speedos -- perhaps an attempt by the manufacturers
>> > to make their car look better in crash statistics).

Wouldn't a crash test facility use *their own instrumentation* when
accellerating the vehicle towards the crash barrier?
It would eliminate any inaccuracies or variance in vehicles.
(DUH...)

(and real accidents are measured by investigators/physical evidence,not by
any untrustworthy indication from the vehicle itself.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik