Old March 10th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 92 V6 Camery heat sensor

wrote:
> The heat indicator in my 92 V6 camry does not work. The dial doesn't
> move. Where is the sensor plug located? I suspect that is the problem.
> Or do you have a different suggestion?
> Thanks,
> Ed

I assume you mean the coolant temperature gauge in the dash. The
temperature sender is in the intake manifold, between the two cylinder
heads, at the front of the engine (passenger side of engine
compartment). It's connector is black plastic and has only one
terminal.

I suggest you consider replacing the thermostat if it is stuck open.
This is a much more likely cause, unless you find that someone just
left the temp sender connector off during a previous repair.

Toyota MDT in MO