Old March 28th 05, 03:27 PM
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

Joe S wrote:

> Is it your contention, then, that billions of dollars are being spent on
> research without viable plans for production and distribution of
> hydrogen by the expected to-market date of 2012?
>
> If you know otherwise, what's your source? I'd love to read about how
> all this exhaustive R&D that's going on that will be of no use at all
> (because you don't personally know how they plan to provide the fuel).

I am not sure if it was Steve's contention or not, but that indeed is MY
contention. A lot of folks are doing this R & D 'cause they got someone
to fund it. They are hoping someone ELSE will work out the production
of hydrogen.

In the case of the car companies, they are doing it 'cause they have the
expertise in vehicle related technologies but not in fuel supply
infrastructure. Further, they can point to it in their institutional
advertising, saying, "hey, look how green we are."

The congressmen are funding it 'cause people in their district are
coming to them and saying, oink, oink, feed me some of those fed R & D
funds.