Old September 1st 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark C.

Default weird engine problems

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> For the price of a rebuilt head I'm getting a whole different engine
> out of an auto car, wondering what has to be changed if its going onto
> my 5 speed? Is their a different pilot shaft on the crank between the
> auto and 5 speed?

There is no pilot shaft on an automatic. You'd have to install a pilot
bearing for your 5 speed. On the noise issue, are you positive it clicks at
half the engine rpm? if not it could be the flywheel balance weight
contacting the starter plate. This sound is hard to pinpoint as it resonates
throughout the whole engine. Also make sure there's no gap between the
rockers and the valve tips there should be a preload on the hydraulic
lifters. Hope this helps.

Mark