Old July 19th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,24hoursupport.helpdesk
'Key

Default Is Locksmithing a dead trade for losers? / attn "Tom The Great"

"Tom The Great" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:00:25 -0400, dirtbag
> >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm a 55 year old mechanical engineer interested in a
>>retirement career to
>>earn a couple of extra bucks.
>>I have always been interested in locksmithing and in fact
>>over the years
>>have learned how lockas work, how to to pick, code and
>>decode cylinders
>>and even pick GM sidebar locks, albeit with variable
>>results. I'm no Hank
>>Spicer!!
>>
>>However, I look at locksmithing in the current times as a
>>dead trade
>>inhabited with lower class people who have little skills,
>>love for the
>>trade but simple people who want to make a buck.
>>
>>I went to a trade show last year (MLNJ) and it was filled
>>with smelly,
>>slimy, moronic people who claimed to be smiths'.
>>
>>Seriously the stench in the convention center was so bad I
>>had to walk
>>outside every 10 minutes or so to get fresh air.
>>
>>I also heard from several of the exhibitors there that
>>many items had been
>>stolen by attendees.
>>
>>Pretty sad.
>>
>>So is this what the trade has become?
>>
>>Toothless, unclean morons in search of a bar of soap?
>>Pretty sad.
>>

> Now I understand this is a broad generization, but I have
> to make the
> same, you can make your claims against almost any trade
> industry. I
> worked as a Chimney Sweep in Colorado Springs, for a very
> highly well
> known good company. The average chimney sweep employee
> was a person
> who was only a temp, very dissovled/dirty, or didn't care
> about the
> work they did. Because of this, the company that worked
> for took the
> time to train their employees, only hire good employees,
> and only
> behave professionally. The company is has been
> recoginized by the BBB
> many times with awards, and the local chamber of commerce.
>
> The moral of this story, 99% of the sweeps in Colorado
> Springs might
> be like your 'lock smiths' but because this chimney sweep
> set itself
> apart from the rest, by becoming the best. This has
> rewarded them
> with above average repeate customers, and customers
> willing to wait a
> long time for their expertise. And you can too, in lock
> smithing if
> you were interested.
>
> BTW, as for smelly, go to a computer show. My goodness,
> those
> overweight geeks don't know what a shower is. But
> still computers
> workers are here to stay, for awhile now.
>
> later,
>
> tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

though you are correct, the OP is just a troll.
why respond to him at all ?
doesn't even deserve a response.
why cross-post your response to groups that really don't
care
about the trolls posting to begin with ?

this is cross-posted just to find you "Tom The Great" .
I know you are NOT on the locksmith group.

g'day
--
"Key"
=====