Old April 26th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Electrical Surge in 1997 Honda Accord

I sure would suspect the alternator's voltage regulator.

Try the five quick and dirty checks listed at
http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id13.html , about
two-fifths of the way down.

Try also the 97 Civic service manual's checks on the
alternator, using the free online manual linked at
http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html .

Updates are welcome.