Old March 7th 05, 05:44 PM
jaybird

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:19:48 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>

>>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Why? You're the first person to behave as though Texas law applies to
>>> the entire universe; why is it suddenly invalid for me to choose my
>>> own convenient definitions?

>>Leave the Texas part of it aside since we've already established that most
>>states' laws are pretty similar on what meets the elements of the offense
>>of
>>Assault. To properly apply the word to law, you must first start with a
>>legal definition.

> Which is what Motorhead Lawyer did. He agreed with me that the offense
> described in the story does, in fact, meet the legal defintion for
> assault.
>
> What's really interesting here is how YOU keep arguing the point.

Well I know I can't change your mind, although your blind faith is quite
strange. I would've thought you'd do some research on your own. Does it
constitute a physical assault?... maybe an implied assault?... or an assault
by threat? Is he talking about a criminal definition?... maybe civil?...
Anyway, this thread has become tiresome and I'll just leave you with the
information that you couldn't get a criminal Assault charge filed, or really
even reported in most states based on what the OP presented. Good day.

--
---
jaybird