Old March 4th 05, 05:48 AM
jaybird

"fbloogyudsr" > wrote in message
> "jaybird" > wrote
>> "fbloogyudsr" > wrote
>>> Look, Jaybird, many states have many laws regarding what constitutes
>>> assault. Many of them are far more inclusive than your example. For
>>> instance, in WA state, say you're a parent at a soccer game that your
>>> son is red-carded in. After the game, you approach the *minor* referee
>>> to complain. You have just committed a fourth degree felony assault.
>>> (If the ref wasn't a minor, it would be a misdemeanor.)

>> I wish you'd provide a link. I've been trying to look those laws up, but
>> all I get is newspaper articles; no legal sites.

> http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2...-1474/1465.pdf
> http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2...-1599/1578.pdf
>
> In WA state, coercion can be assault. It becomes a felony when
> the referee is a child. 4th degree is a grab bag for anything
> not 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
>
> 9A.32.041 is 4th degree
> (a.36.120, 130 & 140 is assault of child.
> 9A.82.070: Influencing the outcome of sporting event.
>
> Yeah, I know it's not specific, but gangsters were
> jailed for tax violations.

Now I'm not too familiar with WA law, but the two posts you offer are just
bills, not enacted law. I did finally find the Revised Code of Washington
and it still points to physical harm as a definition of assault. The title
of 9A.36 RCW is "Assault -- Physical Harm". Section 9A.32.041 is the least
of the offenses and still states that for that offense a person has to be
assaulted in a lesser degree than the higher ones. When you revert back to
those they state that there at least has to be the intent to cause bodily
injury.

--
---
jaybird