Old February 15th 05, 07:00 PM
Derrick Hudson

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:19:44 -0800, Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Gosh Jerry, you REALLY are older than dirt!

Dirt isn't very old, is it?

> That kind of flasher makes the turn signal come on and stay on steady - not
> flash- when a light at the other end of the car burns out. If the front
> light burns out, the rear light won't blink because there isn't enough
> current in the circuit to heat the bimetal parts inside the flasher.

Yep. Two winters ago I drove an '88 Pontiac 6000 Safari Wagon. It
had two bulbs in each taillight. One of the two bulbs died causing
the turn signal to remain steady. I had no idea, because the other
bulb deceived me into thinking the light was fine, until my dad
explained that to me. (it was his car; I didn't know it had two bulbs)

-D

--
Q: What is the difference between open-source and commercial software?
A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/ jabber: