Old November 3rd 04, 11:26 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:49:50 +0200, "Jussi" > wrote
something like:

>I think I have to download the pirate version of german game. I want to play
>it now, not 2005!

I wanted to play it now too, but instead of stealing it, I bought it
from amazon.de. Should be here in 5 - 9 working days. Cost me 5EUR
more than the listed price at playerone.fi.

>There is no sense from developer to publish the german version first. When
>the english version come out I will buy it but I think many people will not
>becouse of this stupid realease politic.

Developers don't publish games, publishers do. And AFAIK Simbin
doesn't even have a worldwide publisher yet. 10tacel (german
publisher) decided to publish the german version of the game earlier
as it won't hurt the later sales of the english version. Germany is a
rather large market are, and apparently racing games sell very well
over there. So it makes perfect sense to publish GTR in Germany soon
as possible. I don't like it any more than you do, but it still makes
sense...

BTW, if they would've signed a publisher well in advance, the game
might have been in the shops earlier, but it might have been totally
different kind of game (console, all arcade... in worst case
scenario). What I'm trying to say is that publishers usually have
quite a lot to say in game development, and the way Simbin chose to
make GTR (independently) was IMO a good way.
--
- Jussi Koukku -