Old December 12th 04, 08:47 PM

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:06:34 -0800, David Ross >

>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:53:54 -0700, "Determinator"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"Freddie Newsgroup" > wrote in message
>> >people.
>> >>

>> >I donated my old clunker to the Alberta Kidney Foundation.. but they only
>> >give a tax receipt for the scrap value of the vehicle ($50) rather than a
>> >blue book value.
>> >

>> Maybe you should tell us the year/make/model and condition of the car
>> to the full effect of your issue. Did the car even run?

>Starting in January 2005, a charity receiving a donated automobile
>and then selling it must report the sales price to the IRS and the
>donor. The donor's itemized charitable deduction will then be
>limited to that amount.

Oh, that's a big change. Let me see if I get it. Rather than writing
off the 'book value' the charity will sell the vehicle and tell you
how much they got, so you can write off that amount?

Makes me further solidify my option that car donation programs are
tinderboxes for corruption. IMHO: Sell your car yourself, and donate
that money directly.

later,

tom @ www.URLBee.com