Old January 10th 05, 06:16 PM
Magnulus

"Cory Dunkle" > wrote in message
> What about those in places where roads are designed to handle speeds in
> excess of 100 MPH and those speeds are the norm? I suppose those people
> aren't even remotely sane being as how they are exceeding the arbitrary
> numbers established in the U.S. for revenue collection?

Like the Autobahn? It does have speed limits in some places, especially
around sharper curves (Usually about 50mph). German cars also have higher
safety standards now than American cars, and there are very few SUV's there.

Where I see the really problematic speeding is off interstates and big
highways. I see people speeding just driving to the mall or grocery store.
Usually doing 10-15 mph over the limit. And the way the lights are setup,
they really make no better time than I do, driving the speed limit.