Old January 12th 05, 05:08 PM
The Malt Hound

"Jay" <jason@spam spam spam dowzell.com> wrote in message
>I really wanna treat myself to a new M3, as a big guy, Im embarassed that I
>might not be able to fit into one so dont wanna go for a test drive in case
>it all goes horribly wrong lol
>
> Current car is an E39 which I can fit into etc no probs with the seat
> about half way back and the steering wheel in about mid position up and
> down and fully "out" - I am looking at an M3 Convertible but I am 6ft 5"
> (about 196cm), weigh about 170kg and have a 54" waist. Generally from
> experience as long as the car has a up/down and in/out adjustable steering
> column then I can manage no probs but the sports seats in the M3 are
> worrying me a little! Also they seem to have a lot of adjustments etc -
> will this help or hinder me? Do they have a "fat git" setting? )
>
> Can any bigger guys who have driven one let me know what its like comfort
> wise? Anyone got any thoughts on whether Im gonna have to call the fire
> service to get out of it once I get in? lol

Jay,

I'm sure you can squeeze in one, but I don't think that you could get very
comfortable in an M3. Especially one with the higher seat bolsters of the
standard sport seats. If you are even going to try, see if you can find one
with the luxury package which (at least used to) come with the "comfort"
seats that have lower bolsters.

Good luck,
MaltHound