Old July 9th 05, 02:06 PM
Nate Nagel

223rem wrote:
> N8N wrote:
>

>> Same way that Civics are riced - ugly rims, fartpipe exhausts, and
>> tacky body mods. Don't see as many 350Z's done up like that but there
>> are a good number floating around here. Need has nothing to do with it
>> and bad taste apparently knows no boundaries.
>>

> I thought the idea of 'ricing' was to make a slow car look 'fast'.
> The 350Z is pretty fast, and looks fast already.

The best of the "tuner" guys actually do make the cars faster, they just
have questionable (IMHO) taste.

I do recall when the 350Z first came out I picked up one of the better
ricer magazines to flip through it, and they had an aftermarket exhaust
manufacturer try to make a better exhaust for the car, they gained like
1 HP or something silly like that by the time they were all done. So a
350Z really does take effort to actually make better, but that doesnt'
stop people from trying.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.