Old July 12th 05, 11:37 PM
Spike

They were probably talking to each other.... LOL Had they survived an
accident, and found their cell phones, they probably would have ended
up using speed dial to cal their insurance companies, only to find
they had each others' phones which had continued flying through the
air and ended up in the opposite vehicle.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:30:55 -0700, "Me" > wrote:

>That's a great idea!
>
>One of my cell phone stories: I was driving back to work one afternoon on a
>two lane highway, 55 MPH Speed limit. Following a white 1/2 ton Chevy
>pickup. The guy was going about 45,drifting around the lane quite a bit
>(Thought he might have been drinking.) The road curved to the left and the
>guy was drifting toward the center line. Coming the other way was a guy
>driving a white 2 1/2 ton Chevy truck, also drifting toward the center line.
>It really looked like they were going to meet, head on, at the apex of the
>curve. They both had about half of their vehicles across the center line
>when they simultaneously woke up and jerked their steering wheels to the
>right, missing each other by scant inches. By this time, I had pulled over
>and was almost stopped. As the guy driving the big truck passed me going the
>other way, I saw that he had a cell phone in his ear. I speeded up and
>caught the Chevy truck ahead of me, and, you guessed it, he also had a cell
>plastered in his ear. (Cell phone stupidity is not restricted to one
>particular gender)

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address