Old January 31st 05, 10:11 PM
sdlomi2

"Bruce Chang" > wrote in message
. com...

> "sdlomi2" > wrote in message
> > Help! Got a '55 Studebaker. Aftermkt. mp3/cd/amfm radio. If I set
> > stations, it remembers fine going from on to off to access to off. But!
> > When I start i, the starter seems to drop the "voltage threshold"(at

least
> > that's what I visualize) such that all memory settings are lost.
> > Ideas, please? Thank you, s
> >

> Maybe a small 12V battery or large capacitor that's hooked up with a diode
> between it and the car battery so voltage to the stereo won't drop when

the
> car battery voltage drops significantly.
>
> -Bruce

Bruce, thanks. I like these ideas, and prefer the capacitor idea. But,
I need specifics; I understand the theory & agree with you on both. But my
background is ME instead of EE, so I need someone to do a 'practical design'
so I can assemble the components. More help, please? Sorry to ask so
much, but I'll admit where my knowledge ends! s