Old June 26th 05, 05:29 PM
MPClark MPClark is offline
Junior Member

Default A/C problem

I have a 97 Jeep Cherokee. Now that it's the summer I want to use my air conditioning. However, when I turn on the A/C, no cold air is put out and the compressor clutch cycles on and off, as if it were in defrost mode. I am sure it is set on max a/c with the fan on high, and still the clutch cycles on and off. I also checked the pressure of the Freon and that is where it's supposed to be. I was thinking it might be a relay of somesort that controls the clutch, maybe it is stuck it the defrost position? Any help would be greatly appreciated.