Old July 17th 05, 09:09 PM
Tony Rickard

Mitch_A wrote:

> The interface while not artwork isnt enough of a problem to complain about.
> I dont buy a racing game to use the menu system. Does it work? Id say yes.

I agree it works well enough. Try Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo for a truly
bizarre interface!

> Ive run GTR on 3 machines with varying hardware and havent had so much as a
> hiccup. Cant hold Simbin responsible for improperly configured hardware or
> OS. Not a valid complaint in my book. "Random Crashing" isnt enough to
> apply blame to Simbin.

Never had a CTD here either.

> Multi simply is not "Poor". I go back long enough to remember what "poor
> multi" really is. Find a decent nearby server and the multi on racemore is
> papy-like if not better in some ways. At least a slight touch doesnt send
> the other into the wall every time. Is it perfect? No is it poor? No.

I guess we have come to expect continual improvements in all areas and
this is where it falls short, it fails to equal other sims in this area
yet we all know this has been a problem in this engine and it will take
a significant step to get it on par.

GTR has many good qualities and I would hope to see it evolve. I see no
mileage in rubbishing one product over another. LFS S2 is a prime
example where the development is a significant step forward. Lets hope
GTL can take GTR forward.

Cheers
Tony