Old November 6th 04, 01:57 AM
Leon van Dommelen

josh > wrote:

>So...
>
>The driver's side latch is tightened as tight as it will get. I can still
>see a "speck" of light through. There's also mechanical slack in the latch
>(and I do believe this is the third one the car has had on the driver's side).

Rubber strips falling apart after a few months. Metal parts
constantly failing. It all sounds very strange to me; I have
never heard of this. Is it possible some neighborhood kids are
playing jokes on you? Where is the thing parked? Any animals
around?

Leon
P.S. I put an M2 top on my '96 and I have had no problems in Florida.
I had no problems with my M1 top either.

>I guess I need to figure out how to adjust the alignment of the top. Is
>there a good manual anyone can recommend for this? I haven't investigated
>the Haynes manual... is it worthwhile?
>
>While on the topic, anyone know how to get 3M super weatherstrip adhesive
>OFF of the inside surface of the top material (don't ask...)? I know MEK
>will cut it, but don't know if that'll damage the top. Tried "goo gone" but
>it's slow-going.
>
>Thanks for all the help... I have a whole weekend ahead with no rain, maybe
>I can get it straightened out.

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)