Old June 24th 05, 01:42 PM
Coyoteboy

I recently bought some lower end tyres (120$ a corner, 215/40/17
Federal SS595s) for my car, on the basis that i needed some but wasnt
willing to shell out the 250$ a corner on the ones that were on
originally (215/40/17 cont rainsport 1's). I've found the 595s grip far
better than the rainsports, when they let go they are more
predicatable. Less road noise, less sidewall flex on hard cornering,
progressive let-go when you push it past the limit. And so far wearing
better than the rainsports. Not quite as good in the wet as rainsports
as they tend to get pulled about more by puddles, but otherwise awesome
tyres for budget prices.