Old October 27th 04, 01:25 AM
Richard

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
>I just read a post and several replies about poor gas mileage in a Neon.
> I have a '01 PT Cruiser with 30,000 miles on it. I just did the
> "recommended
> 30,000 miles spark plug replacement".
> I still feel lucky if once in 50 fill ups I get 17 mpg.
> 4 cylinder, auto, sticker rated at 22/27 mpg.
> Bull****!!! I never came close to achieving these mile per gallons.

You must be doing something wrong. I too have an 01 automatic Limited; use
5W-20 Mobil 1, pump the tires to 36 and always get at least 17.5 mpg.
Sometimes on the interstate, in warm weather, with a tail wind and a slight
decline, I can manage 22.5. My 3.8 04 mini-van does better. I think Chrysler
left off the good parts.

Richard.