Old February 25th 05, 04:55 PM

Default Phatbox questions

Couple of questions about the Phatbox.

I have a 2000 Passat wagon, is the Phatbox plug and play for the user, with
no dealer intervention required?

At http://drivergear.vw.com/store/acces...roduct_id=2766 it says
"Installation Kit, ZVW269300, is required and can be purchased through your
local Volkswagen dealership." Is this separate gear additional to the
Phatbox (bloody thing's expensive enough)? What does it consist of?

My Passat has 80,000 miles, so thinking ahead, can a Phatbox purchased for
a Passt be moved to another vehicle? I see Phatnoise lists a number of cars
they provide for, are those boxes different from the VW one? Can the
Phatbox be hooked into anything NOT listed there?

Finally, is there a better alternative to the Phatbox? Cheaper, more
universal?

Thanks in advance.