Old April 10th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2006 Civic LX

Winston Smith wrote:
> Does the dealer really have that much margin on a car with an MSP of $17,
> 310? Edmunds lists the invoice at $15, 835.
>
> I've seen dealers that claim to sell cars "at or below invoice". They make
> it sound like they are giving them away. There's very little chance of
> that...LOL!!! I've heard of something called a "hold back". It's extra
> money that the dealer gets from the manufacturer when they sell a car.
>
> What I'm trying to figure out is how low they can go and still make a decent
> profit. That's what I mean by "the best deal possible". There doesn't seem
> to be a lot of wiggle room here, unless I'm missing something. I understand
> why these numbers are a closely guarded secret but it would be very helpful
> to be armed with the facts before making a deal. Surely someone has a good
> idea of just how low they can go before they start to lose money. Anyone
> care enlighten me on this?

the number can change often, too. theres holdback, then there are other
incentives that arent advertised either.

american honda motor corp might go through the numbers tomorrow and
decide there are too many 4dr accord dx's in inventory and in the
pipeline, and offer their dealers a better deal to move em. might just
happen in one region, too.

they arent going to call edmunds and tell em, though.