Old April 10th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2006 Civic LX

Does the dealer really have that much margin on a car with an MSP of $17,
310? Edmunds lists the invoice at $15, 835.

I've seen dealers that claim to sell cars "at or below invoice". They make
it sound like they are giving them away. There's very little chance of
that...LOL!!! I've heard of something called a "hold back". It's extra
money that the dealer gets from the manufacturer when they sell a car.

What I'm trying to figure out is how low they can go and still make a decent
profit. That's what I mean by "the best deal possible". There doesn't seem
to be a lot of wiggle room here, unless I'm missing something. I understand
why these numbers are a closely guarded secret but it would be very helpful
to be armed with the facts before making a deal. Surely someone has a good
idea of just how low they can go before they start to lose money. Anyone
care enlighten me on this?

. com...