Old November 19th 04, 04:13 PM
Caroline

Some ideas:

Maybe start by putting the front of the car on jackstands and grasping each
front wheel at first the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions; then the 3
o'clock and 9 o'clock positions and pushing/pulling so as to seek play in
the wheel. There's supposed to be practically none.

If someone puts their head under the car and looks at the suspension system
ball joints at the same time, he/she might also see some movement that's
not supposed to be there

Possibly a bad wheel bearing might be behind this.

Does the noise sound different on turns? Possibly a steering system tie rod
come loose or bent.

Hit anything that might have got into the undercarriage lately? Or that
might have bent a wheel rim?

"Google Beta User" > wrote