Old July 10th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default EVAP control system leak

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "TeGGeR®" > wrote in
> :
>
> > wrote in
> > oups.com:
> >
> >> I got a 98 Honda Accord. From more than a year ago, I spell gas
> >> around the gas tank whenever I finish driving and exit. Now the check
> >> engine light is on and I find the code to be 90. My Haynes manual
> >> says it's
> >>

> Further to my post above: Check for rust/damage around and behind the gas
> filler neck. I think your overflow pipe is plastic, but it can still get
> damaged and leak. To check from the inside, you need to remove the inner
> fender liner (the left rear wheel, then a few clips.
>
> Has the car ever been in a collision that damaged the left rear?
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Thank you, TeGGeR (and Don). My car never had any accident. I'll try
using my 2003 Honda Odyssey gas cap and see if the problem goes away.
The check engine light came on before April's inspection and went away.
So I'm afraid the gas cap is OK or it would be found defective in the
inspection.

I called the local dealer. They told me there's no such
federally-mandated warranty except for oxygen sensor or catalytic
converter. I told them the cat converter was replaced in 2004 under
warranty just before it expired. He doesn't seem to know much about
these expiration dates.

Yong Huang