Old May 6th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default LED light conversion

"Hippie" > wrote in message

> "Mudpuppy" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > Hi folks,
> > I just replaced all my tail/ parking and side marker lights with LED's

on
> > my
> > fiberglass CJ. Now I need to find a light duty flasher for this set up.
> > One guy told me I can bury a light bulb in the line so the resistance
> > would
> > be enough to activate the flasher.
> > I thought the turn signal bulbs would be enough current draw but
> > apparently
> > not.
> > Ideas anyone?
> > Thanks
> >

> Might try J&P Cycles. They have a unit that will operate low amperage
> lamps for signals. I have used the units on custom motorcycle setups.

Might
> also try an electronic flasher, as some of them will trigger on the signal
> rather than amperage.

The electronic flasher sounds like good advice.

I did find Badlands make a load ballast for digital and LED applications,
but then the system would require a pulse generator (that runs off a
separate AAA battery). so this could get more complicated than I thought.
I thought someonebody would have figured out a plug-in for this by now?
..
Thanks for your help guys,
Pup