Old July 6th 04, 07:01 PM
Craig

I have this problem with my 164 and also with several other cars
including my previous Lancia. It does seem to be more of a problem at
some filling stations than others. I beleive it is in part due to the
increased delivery rate of modern pumps. The litre meter seems to
whirl round faster and faster every time a filling station is
refitted. I tend to only partly squeeze the trigger to slow the
delivery rate and also lift the hose slack so that there is less
hanging down the side of the car. I have tried the trick of turning
the nozzle sideways or upside down with varying degrees of success but
for me lifting the slack in the hose upwards seems to work well. I
have no idea why it should be so though.
Craig