Old August 29th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Heyjohn

Default Windshield washer, Pontiac, 1985, Stationwagon, lining up two halves

aarcuda69062 wrote:

> Look at the plastic four lobe cam, one of the lobes will have a
> hole in it, there is also a hole in the steel body of the pump
> assembly, place a 1/8" drill bit thru both holes to lock
> everything in place while you bolt the pump down to the wiper
> motor. Remove the drill bit when you're done.

Okay, it went back together and the wipers work but an annoying
problem that wasn't there before came up. In intermitant mode
the wipers don't pause at the bottom of the windshield now, they
pause half way across. Could I have still missed the pinion getting
put in the cam anyway? Or is this another issue?