Old August 25th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

Default Windshield washer, Pontiac, 1985, Stationwagon, lining up two halves

In article
. com>,
"Heyjohn" > wrote:

> I removed the front circuit board with the pump and the pump mechanism.
> Now when I try to put the repaired piece back over the motor and back
> plate I've got a real headache. The pinion that fits into the plastic
> rotation wheel on the front, doesn't line up properly. I made sure I
> didn't move any of the gearing on either, so what gives? Is there a
> trick to it? (this is the old style that has the washer pump right on
> the windshield wiper motor)

Look at the plastic four lobe cam, one of the lobes will have a
hole in it, there is also a hole in the steel body of the pump
assembly, place a 1/8" drill bit thru both holes to lock
everything in place while you bolt the pump down to the wiper
motor. Remove the drill bit when you're done.