Old October 27th 04, 03:37 AM
Dave

It's the 3.3L V-6. Thanks to the earlier reply post from Bill, I may have
solved it but still need to test it for a few days to be sure. I started
looking at fuel related things and noted that the vacuum hose on the fuel
pressure regulator was cracked and leaking. When I pulled the hose off to
replace it, I noted gas on the vacuum side. I installed a new fuel pressure
regulator last night and it seemed okay today. I'll post a note here if
that was the final solution.

Thanks,

Dave

"mic canic" > wrote in message
> which engine 3.3. or 3.5???
>
> Dave wrote:
>
> > I have a 94 Concorde (130K miles) with the small V-6. It always starts

and
> > then runs well but the starting goes anything from an instantaneous

start to
> > having to crank for up to 3-5 seconds. I just installed new plug and

wires
> > which had no effect. I do get an occasional odor of raw gasoline which

is
> > very disconcerting and may be related but I'm not sure. There is no
> > apparent correlation between cold vs. hot starts, outside temp, etc. I
> > never know what it's going to do. It isn't getting noticeably worse

over
> > time.
> >
> > I'd genuinely appreciate any suggestions from this group as you've been

very