Old May 8th 05, 03:40 PM
Jeff Strickland

"rufus t" > wrote in message
om...
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "rufus t" > wrote in message
>>> "nunya" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> I haven't seen it mentioned in the threads anywhere, but have you
>>> tried disconnecting the battery to reset the indicator?
>>>

>> Any ABS fault is supposed to reset everytime the vehicle is started,
>> then return if it is still present AND the vehicle is moving. ABS
>> doesn't care that it doesn't work IF the vehicle is stopped - the trip
>> hasn't yet begun. ABS only cares that it doesn't work if the trip has
>> been started, then it doesn't care if the vehicle is moving or
>> stopped, the ABS fault display remains.
>>
>> If the ABS fault report is due to an actual fault, there should be a
>> code stored.
>>

> Yeah, OK, but "supposed to" doesn't mean "does".
>
> If the tow/lift did something that confused the computer, then a hard
> power
> reset might do something to un-confuse it. I don't mean to imply it's
> the most likely solution, just that it's something i would try, if it were
> me.

Not true. If the vehicle is parked, then the ABS system will do its self
test and shut the ABS light off. The defect caused by yanking the wires out
by the roots will not appear again until the vehicle begins moving. It does
not take a hard reset to fix problems rooted in the speed sensors. Arguably,
it could take a hard reset to fix faults that come from the valve body or
the ABS compressor, but these kinds of faults would throw a code, and the OP
says there are no codes.