Old March 10th 05, 12:55 AM
Dave C.

"Cartlon Shew" > wrote in message
> I understand that you're supposed to do this, but are you required to
> stop if you see a firetruck coming from the opposite direction?
>
> Even if there's a median?
>
> I always thought yielding meant getting out of the way, but a lot of
> folks around here think it means stop wherever you happened to be.

They are right. An emergency vehicle headed the opposite direction might
decide to turn left suddenly, WHETHER THERE IS A ROAD TO TURN INTO OR NOT
(emergency vehicles don't always stay on the road). If you are stopped when
an emergency vehicle makes a sudden move to enter or cross your lane, this
is not a problem. -Dave