Old February 5th 05, 08:23 AM
Red Bug

In article <oFZMd.1323$Mw3.401@amstwist00>,
"P.J.Berg" > wrote:

> The fastest top speed I have done (on four wheels) was an old 944 early,
> think it sported 163 or something, we did 237 Km/h with four people and the
> front lights up, had to brake for a slower car changing lanes, this was
> approaching Gøteborg (Gothenborg) in Sweden.

I've done just over 230 KPH in my 5 SPD '99 Mazda 626 V6 on a back paved
road in S. Alberta... I wouldn't want to do that again without some way
to push the car harder down onto the road (wings, dams, whatever). In
fifth gear, the tach. was close to the 7,000 RPM redline. I suppose it
would have gone faster but I decided I didn't have tires rated high
enough for this! ;-)

And no, the car has not been tuned up... straight stock... a really nice
daily driver -- esp. at 125 KPH (normal freeway speed in Alberta).

--
___
|___| '61 - VW