Old July 22nd 05, 03:44 AM
Elbert

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:07:41 -0400, "JLA"
> wrote:

>IT IS NOT MISSIMG. RUNS LIKE IT CAME OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR EXCEPT WHEN
>TOWING. IT WAS MY FATHER'S TRUCK AND HE TOOK EXTREMELY GOOD CARE OF IT. HE
>HARDLY EVER DROVE IT AND WHEN HE DID THE TRUCK PROBABLY NEVER TOPPED 60
>MPH. I THOUGHT THAT SINCE THE ENGINE NEVER GOT BLOWN OUT AT HIGH SPEEDS
>THE CARBON MAY HAVE BUILT UP IN THE CONVERTER. IT IS A PELLETIZED TYPE
>CONVERTER BUT I CANNOT HEAR ANY PELLETS INSIDE IT WHEN YOU HIT IT. I THINK
>THIS MEANS THAT THE PELLETS HAVE SIEZED TOGETHER.

I have a 92 K1500 350 engine...

I had a wierd thing happen to me. Truck ran fine at idle, but any
load or hard acceleration it would ping bad and run like crap. Never
set a code. I had to replace the starter one time and noticed the
knock sensor while I was replacing the starter. For some reason I
grabbed the knock sensor and it was loose. LIke it was broken
internally??? Also the wire (pig-tail) was damaged. I imagine that
somehow something hit it just enough to damage it. Short story is
that I replaced the knock sensor and the connector and the truck ran
fine.

The knock sensor is easy to change and if you can't figure anything
else out then its worth a few dollars to change this. You also need
to make sure your timing is right. ON an older truck with some miles
a timing chain may need replacment.

---
Elbert Clarke

remove ** to email