Old July 18th 05, 01:00 AM
Bob Lewit

Default 300M-intermittent radio&CD

Greetings from Northern Va,

I have a 2001 300M, 47K miles--a couple of weeks ago, the radio and CD
completely shutdown, no power--fuse checked good--I checked other fuses that
seemed they might be likely candidates and all checked good--I actually
pulled and checked almost every fuse in the block and all checked good.
Just for grins, I turned the car on and like magic, radio & CD came back to
life!

Saturday, it all went out again. A particular fuse had my interest ( #19,
labeled interior lights). I pulled the fuse, it checked good, I plugged it
back in. When I did so, the power seats, overhead message center, auto
environmental system all reset and the radio was working! A few minutes
later, the radio display starting flashing all kinds of weird stuff then
shut down. I turned the car off, pulled and reset that same fuse again and
had the same results: worked for a few minutes, weird stuff flashing,
complete shutdown. I tried it a 3rd time and this time the radio worked
perfectly.

Later in the evening, after driving the car, parking, driving, parking ect;
the radio started with the weird flashes again and shut down. I tried
resetting the fuse again while in a parking lot, but this time couldn't get
anything at all to light up on the radio. I left it alone, got home, pulled
the fuse and left it out all night. This morning, I plugged in the fuse and
the radio has been working perfectly all day!?!?!

Anybody have any USEFUL advice or suggestions? We are getting ready to get
the car inspected so we can turn it in at the end of our lease. I don't
need the radio to go out for the inspector....

Thanks in advance for any help.

BOB