Old May 22nd 05, 12:05 AM
Dale

On or about Thu, 19 May 2005 12:18:32 -0500, RicSeyler
> wrote or did cause to be written:

>Here, here........ Bushies tried to get drilling off of my back yard in
>the Gulf. Pristine Sugar white sand beaches and beautiful emerald green water.

Hey, Ric. Drive about 40 miles west to my neighborhood and you can see
lots of offshore wells. Same sugar white sand. Same emerald green sea.
In fact, our sand seems a lot cleaner than your's since Ivan.

>But thankfully failed...... Anyone that has been on a Texas beach and seen
>or stepped into the tar balls, the trash that washes up and the film on
>the surf break knows there is no way to control all the remnants that come from it....

Again, you don't have to go to Texas, you can just drive a few miles
west of where you live and see that your comments are, shall we say, a
slight exaggeration? I remember 40 years ago we had lots of tar balls
on the beach here. They came from ships pumping out their bilges
before docking. If anything, offshore drilling reduces the pressure
which reduces the natural seepage. The beaches today are immaculate
compared to what they were 40 years ago before the offshore platforms
came. Where do you go to fish offshore? If the platforms were
releasing all that much trash, why would the fish love them so much?

>Especially when you deal with giant global corporations and politicians with direct
>financial ties to the industry......

What financial ties? That would be illegal. A president could get
impeached if it was found they had any financial tie to a corporation
and that they somehow helped that corporation. No wait. Clinton was
convicted while in office of a felony and that wasn't considered a
"crime or misdemeanor". Never mind.

So remind me once again; this is the USENET group titled
alt..autos.corvette.shrub-bashers?