Old September 1st 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Default I'm baaaaack....

We just got back last week from driving the Miata a little over 1800 miles
from St. Louis to Chicago to northern Wisconsin to central Illinois and back
to St. Louis. Part of the trip was to participate in the "Open Air
Classic"...a rally for 200 convertibles in northern Wisconsin, and the rest
of the trip was a stop to see the King Tut exhibit at the Field Museum in
Chicago, a stop to see a friend in southwestern Wisconsin and my
mother-in-law in southern Iowa. I don't know the cost of the gas, but we
burned roughly 60 gallon. Not bad for the combination of interstate
(70+mph) and backroads (starting and stopping). We're unpacked and the
clothes are washed, so I'm ready to go again (someplace). I think we're
home for the duration, though (except for a short trip to take in a weekend
of auto racing over Labor Day).