Old September 1st 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default I'm baaaaack....

..... after 3,800 miles, 137.311 gallons of gasoline at a cost of
$443.81 and an average of 24.7 miles per gallon.

We were gone 11 days and didn't drive 3 of those days, 8 days were
spent getting to Missoula and then Kalispell in Montana, then Tonasket,
Washington and then home. Long trip, sore butt, tired and soooooo
happy I didn't have to get on an airplane!

Obligatory Miata content: The Miata enjoyed resting in the carport
while I was gone. No way could the Miata haul the luggage SWMBO needs
for an overnight, let alone 11 days!

PS, I think 24.7 mpg is not too bad for a 4,400 lb car with a fairly
large V8 engine cruising at 80-85 mph. Nice to know the EPA rating is
spot on...