Old March 10th 05, 12:40 AM
Bill Putney

Bob Shuman wrote:

> ...I know that
> dropping the pan does not get all the fluid, but believe that this approach
> is much better than the "power flush" recommended at the dealer. I
> personally have seen the gunk in the trans pan and the filings on the magnet
> and know these will not come out using the power flush method...

Correct. That's the beauty of the DIY non-power flush method. Combined
with first dropping the pan to replace the filter, you then use the
tranny's own pump to pump the fluid at normal rates out of the cooler
return line. You get a 95+% fluid changeout, cleaned pan and magnet,
new filter, and non of the risks of the power flush at minimum cost.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')