Old May 19th 05, 03:03 PM
MAT

> My question is if Honda dealer did OK when they put Castrol oil
> instead of genuine Honda oil and filter.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated

Your car will be just fine if not better off. Where do you live? It's just
about summer for the entire lower US so you'll definitely be fine! The
slightly thicker oil has less viscosity improvers for the lower spread of
10w-30 and is perfectly adequate for the 2.4 I4 in the Element. You will be
OK by following Hondas 5w-20 recommendation but you will be just as well off
running 5w-30s and 10w30s especially if you want it to be a 'lifer'.