Old November 5th 04, 11:35 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"S_Allamand >" > wrote in message
> Basicly, this Fool #2 might just call Consumer Afairs on your Good folks

at
> Superchips.
> Falsely selling something, that as I have stated before.

Nope. This isn't how consumer protection laws work. The section your
referring to
is the uniform commercial code. What this requires is that basically a
seller of an item must
fairly represent it. Failing to do so is fraud. These codes apply to MOST
transactions.
A few notable exceptions are, for example, vehicle sales. Most states have
explicitly
defined vehicle sales as no warranty expressed or implied. Meaning if you
go buy a new
car and it carries no warranty, the second you drive it off the lot if it
blows up, your on
the hook.

But for everything else the onus is on the SELLER not on the MANUFACTURER.
For
example I go buy a razor at the store. The box the razor is blister packed
in displays
a prominent notice saying the razor is a 3 blade razor. I buy it and take
it home and find
out it's a 2 blade razor. The law requires the seller to refund my money.
The seller can't
tell me 'tough luck, go talk to the manufacturer and get your money from
him' The laws
assume that if the retailer doesen't like all their customers bringing back
razors, that the
retailer will exercise his rights under the law and go back to the
manufacturer.

In your case you bought the superchip used from some guy. That guy is who
unfairly
represented the superchip to you. Now, maybe Superchip unfairly represented
the
chip to that guy. If so, the law supports his complaining to superchip.
But, only him.
It doesen't support you making a claim against superchip.

> If you bought a
> VCR, and when you
> got home to hook it up, said, needs an Update for this TV, and you then
> called to find out
> that it would cost another $150 to get this so called "Update"....what

would
> you do?

I would go back to the seller and return it. If the seller wants to
complain to
the manufacturer, that's their problem.

> I just want to let other people know that Superchips is a ripoff, no

resale
> value for the $350+
> you pay, when most people have a truck for 2-3 years. It isn't worth it.

Just because something has no resale value doesen't mean it's a ripoff.

Let's look at your truck. You bought it brand new for $20,000. In
20 years if you still have it it's going to be worth $200. That's a
decrease
of $19,800 over the 20 years, or a loss of $990 per year. By contrast
your superchip only lost $350 over 2 years or $175 a year. Which is
the bigger rip off?

Ted